Caltech students are serious about food! In fact, there is an entire student committee dedicated to making sure students are happy with their dining selections. Caltech students are encouraged to take advantage of local restaurants to provide for their weekend food.
Caltech fun food facts:
- An eclectic variety of quality foods is available for lunch every weekday at Chandler Cafe.
- A family-style, waited dinner is served every weeknight in the student houses.
- Student residence kitchens remain open between meals so that students can get sandwiches, drinks, ice cream, salads, cereal, or other snacks.
- Vegetarian and vegan entrees are available at every meal.
- Caltech Dining Services strives to meet all special dietary requirements: from kosher food to gluten free, from halal food to the paleo diet we can handle it all.
Caltech Dining Services is committed to sustainability: CDS provides compostable to-go containers and composts all food waste from its kitchens.
To ensure quality, CDS management eats the dinners we serve the students every night; if we don’t want to eat it, we won’t serve it.
For complete details on CDS’ services and sample menus please visit www.dining.caltech.edu.