Caltech's Department of Security and Parking Services provides a stable environment for research, education, and employment in which security concerns are balanced with freedom of movement in an open campus atmosphere while protecting the life and property of the faculty, students, staff, visitors, and guests of the Institute.
Services include (but are not limited to):
- Escorts:Security provides escorts to the campus community. An officer will accompany you to or from locations on or off campus.
- Lockouts:In the event you are locked out of a Caltech facility such as your room, office, or lab, Security will assist you in gaining access during non-business hours.
- Patrol Services: Security provides 24-hour patrol service to the campus and off-campus facilities.
- Vehicle Assistance: Jumper cables are carried in the supervisor's patrol vehicle. Members of the Security staff will jump start your car for you.
- Lost and Found: Security maintains an online listing of items found on campus.
Caltech's Annual Security Report, prepared in compliance with The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the "Clery Act"), is available on the Caltech Security website. The Report includes information on contacting Security, how to report a crime, emergency procedures, substance abuse programs, campus policies and three years of statistics on reported campus or campus-related crimes. A hard copy of the Annual Security Report can be requested through the Security Office: email@example.com.